Friday, February 26, 2016

How to Shoot a Deer

It’s a cold, frosty morning as I sit on the ground waiting in anticipation. Petricho Photo

I see him. He moves softly. Quietly. He noses through the leaves on the ground only to peek up a second or two.

I can see the frozen breath hanging around his nose as he exhales, unaware that I am watching his every move. He moves closer to me as I silently focus in on him.

He’s even closer now, and I can feel the tingly feeling come over my skin as the adrenaline starts to rush through me. I take a deep breath, focus in, and…

Click.

I now have another photo to add to my “already full” collection on social media.

Alright, you got me. This isn’t about hunting.

It’s just as important to have the right gear when going out into the wild, whether hunting or shooting photography. I have recently found myself getting out more and more and loving every minute of it!

Here are some helpful *starter* tips to get you as close to nature as possible!

1. Get a good back pack!

I can not stress it enough! Not only do you want something to carry all your camera equipment, but you’re also going to want room for snacks (I LOVE the KIND chocolate and peanut butter energy bars) and plenty of water, and other necessities like a first aid kit, compass, flint, and even TP; You never know what can happen.

Ascend D2400 DaypackAscend D2400 Daypack

Lightweight, comfortable, and durable, the Ascend® D2400 Daypack gives you a compact pack that’s perfect for day hikes. The D2400 helps you handle loads in comfort with contoured and padded shoulder straps with sternum strap, a padded back panel with airmesh pods for ventilation, and a removable web waist belt. Fill up the pack’s 2400 cubic inches of space easily thanks to the easy packing panel-load main compartment and zippered front pocket with organizer panel. Pack also makes a great everyday pack choice, with its internal laptop/tablet padded sleeve. Side compression straps keeps load secure and easier to haul. Dual water bottle pockets (bottles not included). Made of 600D polyester, 420D nylon, and 1680D ballistic nylon, the D2400 also features tough YKK® zippers with easy-pull string loops and durable Nifco and Duraflex® hardware and buckles.

(And it comes in purple - my favorite!)

2. Comfy Hiking Boots!Petrichor PhotoRedHead Talus II Hiking Boots for LadiesRedHead Talus II Hiking Boots for Ladies

I literally picked out a pair of these boots today. After my old natural reflection boots finally “gave me the boot” (haha-cheesy, I know) I decided it was time to get a new pair with a little more tread. These bad boys (or girls?) are 100% water proof and have a mean looking tread on the bottom. They’re super lightweight on my feet even though they appear bulkier.

When your hike or workday take you into rough terrain or extreme wet conditions, you can trust RedHead® Talus II Water-Resistant Boots for superior traction. These super-tough, mid-height boots feature a rugged suede leather and mesh upper. Your feet will stay comfortable all day with a comfortable mesh lining and removable PU insoles for breathability. RedHead Talus II Water-Resistant Hiking Boots have tough rubber outsoles with an aggressive tread that gives you gripping power on wet surfaces or harsh conditions.

This shoe also has super ratings!

Overall Rating:
5 out of 5
5 out of 5
Advantages: Comfortable, Style/Design, Value for money, Quality, Fit/Size
I bought these boots for myself just to have as out door shoes. I absoluelty love them! they are comfortable, have great grips, and have kept my feet dry for the most part. They are great quatlity. They are over all an excellent boot!
 
These boots are also available for Men here: (I didn’t forget you boys) RedHead Talus II Hiking Boots for Men
 
3. A Super Awesome Thermos!Petrichor Photo

Thermos Vacuum Insulated 24 oz. Leak-Proof BottleBeing an uber coffee enthusiast I never leave without my thermos! ….Never! It’s important to stay warm on chilly mornings. Surprisingly enough, some of my best snap shots have happened when I was stopped somewhere having a “coffee break”.

Thermos Vacuum Insulated 24 oz. Leak-Proof Bottle

Giving you the same strength and insulating performance as the traditional full size vacuum bottle, the Thermos® Vacuum Insulated 24 oz. Leak-Proof Bottle comes sized for easy carrying. This durable bottle features tough, double wall, stainless steel construction for trustworthy leakproof performance. Thermos’ classic double wall vacuum insulation delivers great temperature retention, giving you cool-to-the-touch performance with hot foods and sweat-free performance with cold liquids. Easy opening push button lid makes getting a drink quick and easy. Holds 24 oz. BPA-free.

I really love this Thermos and the color is gorgeous! (Midnight Blue)

Petrichor PhotoOf course there’s hundreds of other things I could tell you, but this is the most basic way to get you started quickly enough to get you out in the woods! Always wear layers, in the cold weather of course, and be ready to sit for a bit. I promise you will get so close to nature you will want to reach out and touch it.

Visit your local Bass Pro in Kodak (Your favorite of course!) and let us know how we can get you out into the woods! Send us pictures of what you saw on your adventure!

Until the next adventure,

Ainsley

Store 29



from fishing for bass http://ift.tt/24sZjjU via smallmouth bass fishing tips
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1UpLKxa

No comments:

Post a Comment