Monday, August 24, 2015

Healthy Hunter: Rest

So I am always amazed when I find some older song that I have never heard before. Several times in my life has this happened. And of course I will bring up this song to others, and they always say “How have you never heard that song before?” And I have a theory that you discover a song, when you need it most. The latest song that this all is stemming from is “I’m In a Hurry” by Alabama. And I believe it works perfectly with this month’s healthy hunter article on rest!

For those of you who don’t know the song you can listen to a live version here. But the lyrics contain the lines:

“I’m in a hurry to get things done
Oh, I rush and rush until life’s no fun
All I really gotta do is live and die
But, I’m in a hurry and don’t know why”

Which let’s face it, is true. Everyone is rushing from one thing to the next. I love watching people speed around the streets just to get to what else but a red light faster. With everything so hectic, it is extremely important to get yourself enough rest and recovery.

As we all know, we need about 8 hours of sleep a day. Do we get that? Probably not. People will stay up later than they should for several (and sometimes stupid) reasons. Getting enough sleep should always be a daily priority. If others can’t understand that then let them drain their adrenals without you.

When you watch TV what are the most common commercials? Insurance. Cars. Medication. People have to turn to medication to help them get to sleep. I believe this is because of over-stimulation. As soon as you are up it is pretty much go-go-go. That amazing device that can pretty much contain the entire world in your hand, is usually the first thing you pick up. We use smart-phones for everything! And while convenience is nice, maybe it isn’t the best for you.

How often do you use your phone as an alarm? How often do you check it during the day? Have you ever laid in bed just playing on your phone before falling asleep? The continual use of this is draining on the human eyes and mind. I think it is extremely bad for you if you use it right before going to bed. That little light coming from it cannot be the best thing to do before falling asleep.

I am also against medication for sleep, but know that in some cases it is the only option. I always suggest looking for a more natural way to help you get some rest. The makers of Emergen-C now have a sleep aid drink mix, that I have tried and quite enjoy. It does help me stay asleep through the night and is not as powerful as a medication.

Once you start to figure out your sleep patterns and needs, you can plan your day around that. You know not to eat directly before going to bed, so that will help you decide dinner. And going from when you wake up you know when to eat throughout the day. Skipping meals is horrible for you, so plan accordingly.

And if you really need help getting to sleep, put on Last of the Mohicans. Three hours of lush green scenery and fiddles in the background will put you out.

-Giddy-Up!!

APPs Proper Motivation Personal Push Habits Track It Limits Simple Sides Hunt Ready Everyday Switches Willpower Know Your Numbers



from fishing for bass http://ift.tt/1POvZvI via how to fish for bass
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1Lu2JsD

No comments:

Post a Comment