Monday, December 14, 2015

My Letter To Santa 2015

My Letter To Santa

Dear Santa,

This has been one heck of a year with many things happening in our family as I’m sure you know.  We’ve opened a new business, taken a few short vacations, planned and executed a wonderful wedding at the house, and enjoyed the addition of the newest member of the family, Aubrey Lynn.

The nine months leading up to her arrival was a tough period for me because I questioned whether or not I was ready to be a grandfather but all those doubts disappeared when I saw her and my daughter together for the first time .  I held it together while there were other people in the room but the emotions definitely got the best of me when we were able to enjoy a semi-private moment.  So perfect, so small, and such a blank slate just waiting to be loved, nurtured, and adored. She and I spent a good portion of a three day weekend together and at one point we had to find a spot under some shade trees alongside a quietly babbling brook in Disney’s Epcot where I could have a moment of solitary reflection with my new treasure in private.  I told everyone it was allergies.  I must be ready to be a grandfather after all.  I know you and the big guy upstairs consult on things from time to time and in this case, he gave me what I needed even though I didn’t know it yet.   Kind of like Nanny McPhee.

Aubrey has a family that loves her very much and a grandfather that can’t get enough of the innocent little smiles, the sly giggles, and his favorite….baby sneezes followed by looks of wonderment, joy, and relief.  There may be some screaming and crying involved (mostly on the part of the baby) but she’s blameless and devoid of bad thoughts or intentions.  There’s nothing but goodness in her heart and I hope to fill it to overflowing with joy and love.

So even though I’d like to ask for a bunch of new toys like a switch rod, new waders, and AR accessories, none of those things can compare to the gift I’ve already received this year.  Playing with her little toes, having her take my finger in her tiny hand, and looking into those beautiful blue eyes make all the problems of the day disappear for a little while.  I don’t know what you could come up with that would top the gift that’s resting peacefully in the nest room, so take a break this year and know for sure that I’ve gotten everything I need right here.

Thank you for my early Christmas present.

Brian

P.S.  Stop by the shop if you need help fulfilling any of the Christmas wishes you might have a hard time with.  We’ve got lots of stuff! 



from fishing for bass http://ift.tt/1NPDioa via striped bass fishing
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1O5oxQ0

No comments:

Post a Comment